I like to keep myself on track as far as New Years resolutions and goals are concerned. To give people a break from the barage of sports scores posts and to provide a semi-legitmate update I will update on one of my gaols. This could actually be crossposted in my Theatre Is My Life blog as well but I have already posted a similar entry in that blog regarding this
Goal #7: Get an ensemble role in Music Man
The audtion process was very nerve wracking. This is the second play I have auditioned for since I've been out of college... too much has really gone on in between now and then that hasn't allowed me enough time to audition for other shows but I hope to audition for another show in the fall. The choosing of audition songs was kind of a pain and I had a hard time narrowing down my long list. I eventually just ended up singing Wells Fargo Wagon. Granted I haven't been in a play since I was in Annie Get Your Gun at the Barn Playhouse 4 summers ago so I am pretty excited about being in my second musical (5th show overall). Countdown til the show is 35 days. I have mixed emotions... I'm both nervous and excited. Excited about seeing how everything will all come together and nervous because as I said this is my first show I've been in since I was in Annie Get Your Gun at NLBP. Looking back to four years ago that experience was more nerve wracking then this show will be because it was the first show I had been in that gave me more stage time (other than that I had either worked back stage or had small walk on roles) When I watch the video I realize that I looked kind of nervous during the opening number Colonel Buffalo Bill.. couldn't tell ya what was running through my head exactly. The fun thing about being in Ensemble Roles is that you get to create your own character and what makes Music Man even more fun is that we get to divide ourselves into families. This makes things fun because I can develop my own character and see how well it interacts with other characters in the scene. For some reason in Annie Get Your Gun I felt like I wasn't on stage enough to interact with the other people... maybe it's because it wasn't scripted or because it was just nerve wracking because it was my first time on stage.
Something that I've kind of gotten used to with being in this play is dancing. That's actually the one part of the audition process I was most anxious about because I have never taken any dance lessons and the most dancing i've ever done is self-chreographing my own dances. I am in a dance number in Music Man for the song Marian The Libririan and that has been fun to work on . Parts of it are kind of challenging but I am improving on the parts I am having issues with by working on it at home.
As I said 35 days til opening. I can't wait! It' s going to be a great show! :)
(Side note: My performances in Music Man are dedicated to my friends from my NLBP intern company because they continue to inspire me with all the stuff they have been doing since we left New London.)
Next update coming on the 20th... figured this would be a nice interlude.)
No comments:
Post a Comment