Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mini Musings

Each day livejournal provides food for thought questions. I use them mostly as filler when I have nothing else to write about.. gives me a break from my typical ranting. Some questions cover pretty personal subject matter so those answers won't be shared here. Here are the answers I don't mind sharing. Note: Since these entries get transported into facebook I should remind the people on my livejournal that I will be deleting my livejournal by the end of April or beginning part of May. Be sure to become a follower of this blog via the networkedblogs facebook app. This is representative of a month's worth of Writer's Block Questions



Date Feb 8th: Question What would you purchase with your winnings if you won the lottery?

I wouldn't purchase anything. Instead I would use a majority of my winnings to pay back my loans from NEC then use the rest of it to either go on vacation somewhere or give it to charity.



Date Feb 11th Question Who Is the most overated musician and why?

Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. They are overrated because they can't sing and are made out to seem like they are really good singers. I admit to liking a few of Miley's songs but other than that she is annoying as all hell and Justin Bieber is horrilble. I groan at the fact that there is now a movie out that is a biopic about him. The line at the movies was practically out the door for that movie tonight and I was rolling my eyes at the thought of it. Lady Gaga is also overrated. Her music just isn't too appealing to me except for Bad Romance.

Date Feb 13th Question: What are your best and worst personalitly traits? Do you think your friends would agree?

I don't have many bad personality traits. I think my strongest personality traits are probably my sense of humor, being considerate and being caring. If I could come up with one negative personality trait it would be that I tend get overanxious about things that aren't really that big of a deal.My friends would be able to agree with this.

Date Feb 15th Question When You're Feeling Down What Comfort Foods Do You Enjoy?
1. Anything chocolate
2. Cheez its
3. Carrot Sticks
4. Wheat Thins
5. Macaroni and Cheese

Date Feb 26th Question What song could you listen to 20 times a day without losing interest?
At work in Cardiac Rehab I have been listening to a lot of cds that are mixes that my friend Bridget's sister Tiana made. There are songs on those cds that I don't mind listening to over and over again and I am not sick of them yet. There are other songs like BulletProof by Kesha that I grin and bear it when it comes on.
Date March 15th Are there any events in your past that have made you a stronger person today? Explain why.
In high school I was bullied. I would say that's something pretty important to overcome. In my sophomore year I was the manager of the cheerleading team. The head captain did not want me at the pre-compettion sleep over because she did not feel I was valuable member of the team. I stayed home from school for a few days because I was depressed and very confused about why my friends on the team did not stick up for me. That incident really taught me who my true friends are. I am still friends with most of the people who were on that team with me,, minus the captain. I lost touch with her.
The issue of bullying is still really prevelant in today's society. Based on my own personal experience with the issue and the issues that have over the past couple years primarily what happened at Rutgers University last fall to Tyler Climente ( read my previous entry from October the issue with gay rights) to raise awareness to bullying weather it happens to people who are gay or straight. Bullying is an issue I feel need to be taken seriously.
Another thing that taught me a big lesson was my issues with moving on from the Barn Playhouse. That taught me not to worry so much about things I couldn't control and not to be so overanxious that people were going to forget about me or hate me because I had issues letting go of stuff related to the Barn..

No comments: