Thursday was International Skeptics Day I guess every group of people needs a holiday of their own. I find myself not to be skeptical of a whole lot of things. The irony of this topic came into play on Thursday because at work there was a woman who wrote a book about Haunteed Hikes in New Hampshire. I found the talk to be very intriguing. I have never believed in ghosts or anything of a supernatural nature.
One thing I am skeptical of is religion. I believe in God most definitley and pray as often as possible. I am have been skeptical of the Catholic Church ever since the 2005 sex abuse scandel and have considered a couple of times changing my religion. I am not sure if I am actually going to go through with changing my religion. One goal I am making for myself is to go to church more often. Right now I don't go as often as I should and I regret that. I am skeptical of the Wiccan religion. I have two friends who are in that religion and I don't have a very deep understanding of their religious practices which I suppose this is why I am skeptical. I am also skeptical of Scientology.
I have also been skeptical of the Tea Party since I first heard of the political party. I don't think that policical party is even really necessary. Having two politcial parties is good enough for me. On that subject I am skeptical of how the primary elections will turn out and am interested to see who will end up being able to have a strong race against Obama. If I was Republican I would lean toward voting for Mitt Romney or Herman Cain. I am rooting for Obama to get a second term though because I don't think the people of America are giving him a fair enough chance. It's not his fault our country is in the mess it's in. It's President Bush's. It will take him awhile to pick up the pieces which is why he deserves a second term.
I am skeptical of the XFactor. I have watched it twice so far this season and can't make heads or tails on if I want to continue to watch it. I am honestly not sure how it will match up with other realtiy Talent shows like American Idol, America's Got Talent and The Sing Off.
No comments:
Post a Comment