Monday, October 22, 2007

Deep Pensivitiy in Danforth

I am in the library right now because I am not in the mood to do the reading I have to do for lit class. I am not sure if we have to finish the book for tomorrow or not. So now it's time to be reflective for a mintue.

Back in August at the last brunch we had @ the Barn Playhouse at Wally and Bud's house I kind of joined in on a conversation that Bud was having with Will Paul and Nic a little too late to put in my own input. They were talking about the future and where they see themselves going with their degrees after the graduate and in general what their dreams are. I had a general idea of what I wanted to say at that particular moment but as I said I joined the conversation a little to late to insert my own input. Since my future and what i am going to do with the rest of my life is constantly on my mind here's my own insight.

I am 22 years old... about to graduate from college in May. The future is a complete and total blank slate because I have no idea at all what I want to do with rest of my life. Well, actually I take that back I do have a few ideas of what I want to do but nothing I've nailed down indefinitly. I'm a small town girl at heart and while I do love New York City quite a bit I can't picture myself living there at least not right away. That might be a long term goal,who knows? I do know however that I've lived the small town life for far too long and will be ready to move to someplace bigger, better and more... what's the best word to put here....Flamboyant? Exciting?? than Amherst NH the town where I curently reside. I guess it all depends on what kind of employment I find. I am a tech theatre guru at hard... fell in love with it in high school and have been in love with every aspect of it ever since. That explains the #1 reason why I loved my New London Barn Playhouse internship this summer and find myself missing it on a quite consistant basis. I just loved the energy I felt working with all the other interns and tech people on the shows... especially Annie Get Your Gun. Whenever I watch the DVD of that show I get teary eyed because I really miss being a part of that cast so much. Anyway let's stick to the main subject. Tech theatre or publicity work for a theatre could potientially be something I might consider for a carreer. After I graduate I might consider volunteering for the Milford Area Players which is a community theater troupe in the next town over from me as well as possibly doing publicity work for my town's PTA production next year maybe even voluenteering with my high school's and middle school's theatre department depending on if they need volunteers or not. Eventually I might want to break away from the small town community of Amherst. The top 5 local places I want to live are 1) Boston 2) Concord 3) Manchester 4) Portsmouth and 5) Portland Maine. It depends where I find the best jobs though which is why I need to start doing research. If anyone can help t hink of websites to look at that would be a great help. Besides technical theatre my other main passion is writing. Mostly poetry but unless I want to live in a box on a street corner for the rest of my life I don't think I can make much of career out of that. The concentration of my communuications major is Broadcast Journalism. I have been on my school's newspaper for four years and have really enjoyed working on it a lot. I write articles about the theatre shows on campus and have found my writing to improve a lot since I was freshmen. Maybe if I combine the forces of my two passions together I will end up finding a career in something that will make me get the best combination possible of theatre and writing.

Only time can tell where the future will lead me.

Love
Sweet Janine


PS THE RED SOX ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES HELL YA!!

No comments: