Saturday, October 27, 2007

Generally Speaking.,.....

Life in general has been going fantastic! School's going well. The academic aspect is picking up in gear with finals coming up in less than two months. Did I really just say less than two months? Holy moly, where has this semester gone to? I am already starting work on my finals because finals week is the week of the play i am going to be in and I don't want to be bogged down with a lot of work during when i have to run around to rehearsals. I am anxious to get the ball rolling on starting to rehearse..... whenever rehearsals are going to start. EXCITEMENT! The theatrical aspect is going well too. As I said I am anxious for rehearsals for the play I am going to be in to start.... so so so so so so (well you get the general idea) EXCITED to be in my first show ever at NEC. Early One Evening At The Rainbow Bar and Grille was absolutely fantastic. It was the funniest play I've seen put on here in awhile. They say laughter is the best medicine and I definitely laughed harder than I have in awhile and forgot about some personal issues i've been dealing with lately. Good Job to everyone in the show and the crew ( i give myself a pat on the back too) and congrats to Becky on her directorial debut as well! Brothers Menachmus opens in a few weeks and I am excited for that. It looks like that's going to be a really funny show.


I don't really think I've talked about how my classes have been going much in this blog. Or maybe I have what I talk about in these entries just meshes together. My course load this semester is moderate in the case of how much work I have to do. I've found that I have a much more easier time managing my time than I have since oh...let's say fall of sophomore year. Basically I am finishing up requirements for my communication major with one English elective and another elective which is my career development class. The three classes I am taking for my major are Meaning of The Moving Image, Interpersonal Communications (which I had to retake because I failed it last year) and Principles of Public Relations. Meaning of The Moving Image has been really challenging for me because analyzing things is.. . let's say not exactly my forte. I will be practically married to the movie American Beauty by the end of the semester because I have to watch it so much for that class. We have to pick the move apart bit by bit aspect by aspect and I don't do well with going into depth with things. When I first watched American Beauty I must admit I didn't really like it all that much but I guess now that I've had to watch it so much for that class I've grown to like it a bit better than I did originally. Interpersonal Communications is pretty interesting. I think the trouble I had with that class last year that there way too much terminology to handle. This time around there isn't really any terminology. Right now we are doing a movie analysis project where we have to watch a movie and analyze a movie and the methods of communications in it. We then have to pick two scenes from the movie and role play them... one example of good communication which we have to ruin in the role play and one example of poor communication which we have to fix in the role play. Right up my ally for someone who loves theater stuff as much as I do. Principles of Public Relations has been an interesting class. I took that class mainly because I did some PR work at the Barn Playhouse this summer and had fun doing it. I figured I would learn more about PR so I can determine I want to go into it for a career after graduation. Right now we are working on our final projects in which we have put together a media press kit for a ficticious company of our choice. I decided to do mine on children's literacy. The other two classes I am taking are Madness in Literature and Career Development. Madness in Literature is pretty interesting. We have been reading a variety of different books and comparing the main characters form of madness in each book. So far the book I liked the best is Catcher In The Rye. Career Development is the easiest class I have this semester. Basically this class perpares us for life after colllege in terms of writing resumes and preparing for job interviews.

Course selection for next semester ( MY FINAL SEMESTER AT NEC) starts in a couple of weeks. I have a general idea of what I want to take and what I still need to take for my major
Major classes:
~ Persuaison and Propaganda
~Sex and Power Roles in Film
~Advanced Public Speaking (if it is offered)
Electives
~Short Story Workshop
~Dramatic Criticism
~Theatre History II

I am actually scared to start looking for a job. Like reallly really scared. I have to start doing research for that over Christmas Break. I still have no idea what I want to do after I graduate. I actually kind of want to go back to the Barn Playhouse again this summer but we'll see what kind of jobs I find closer to where I live. My mother emailed me the other day and told me that a local theatre troupe in the next town over from me is putting on the play of her book Bravery Soup and I might end up assitant directing that so I don't know. ugghhh



well time to hit the sack... though technically speaking i can sleep as late as i want tomorrow bwcause I don;t have anythng to do til 5pm when I have to go to set strike.

Love
Sweet Janine
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RED SOX!

1 comment:

What fresh hell is this? said...

We only have parties like that because I host them. No one else is crazy enough to do it.