Rock Star Fantasy
It's hard to wake up from a good dream
but equally as easy to wake up
from a horrible nightmare
I didn't want to wake upwhen my alarm went off
because the dream was justtoo good
and as the song from Cabaret goes"Why should I wake up?... this dream is going so well"
Anyway I had another rockstar fantasy
much like the one that I had back in November
all though this time it was better thanThe Power of J
much more edgy this time
though we weren't afraid to beltout that angsty anthem by Alanis Morriestte
that is known by everyone as You Oughta Know
as a killer duet
Code Red Think Blue is our name
three guys and three girls with a mission
which is to rock your faces off obvi
Sweet Caroline is our lead off cover song though it was a tad funked out
we also did a few Beatles coversbecause the Beatles are awesome
who doesn't like a little Hey Judeor I Wanna Hold Your Hand?
Original songs included those of an invention that aids people
who have non-sticky saliva when it comes to licking envelopes
macaroni and cheese belligerancy while sober
and Harry Potter
Flaming pyrotechnics and multicolred hair
all part of our awesome act
that rocked the nation
Beep Beep Beep
is that a fire alarm?
No, just my alarm clockI don't want to wake up
if the sun wasn't so blinding
like the stage lights then itwouldn't be so hard
Darn this dream was going so well
monumentous on so many levels
I don't want it to end.
Members of the band in my dream Code Red Think Blue (don't ask me where I came up with that name there is no answer to that):
Janine Leffler, Cooper Bowman, Jennie Leonard, Will Porter, Maggie Politi, Miles Mandewelle
No comments:
Post a Comment