Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My latest poem read/respond

Traveling Down A Path Marked Unknown (Senior Year Version)

Upon arrival in Henniker four years ago in late August
I was on a path marked unknown
Thinking " What am I doing here?""
What am I going to do with the rest of life?"
My path was undetermined
Now four years later
My major has been declared
and i'm ready to take on new challenges
I feel more than prepared
Graduation Day is May 10th
and quite honestly I'm scared
Many college seniors like me
feel the same way no doubt
So many questions that are unanswered
eventually i'll figure something out
Right now my main focusis getting through the rest of this semester's classes
I get more anxious for Christmas Breakwith everyday that passes
but it's still mid October yet
2 months left to go
gotta get through all the hardships of academia
and my first ever NEC show
The first timeI'll be gracing the NEC stage
will be the first week of December
my excitment for the show goes beyond this page
Many experiences I've had
both in and out of school
have giving me insight of whatthe future holds for
and it makes me all the more anxious
but I just have to keep my cool
Now that's it's time almostfor me to spread my wings and fly
I am led once again down a path marked unknown
and new things I am willling to try

No comments: