Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back To the 80s on American Idol- Theme Songs From The Year You Were Born

 Last night's American Idol  theme was  Songs from the year were born.  Overall good theme though some performances were better than others

Top  Three: Alison;Danny; Matt
Bottom 3:  Anoop   Lil  Scott
Middle: Adam and Kris

Summary and Ratings of Last Night's Performances 
Ratings on 1-10    1= horrible and hurts my ears 10- Totally and completely awesome
 ( I can't remember all the song titles)
Danny 
Birthyear 1980
Danny's performances keep getting better and better  each week. He is definitely  a contender  for the top 3 in my opinion.
Rating:  9
Adam
Birthyear   1982
Song: Mad World
Not a huge fan of this song in the first place. His performance was so-so.  Everything he sings is kind of starting to sound the same and I think he is better suited for  Musical Theatre then for American Idol.
Rating; 4
Lil 
Birthyear 1984
SongWhat's Love Got To With It - Tina Turner
Not her best performance.  Loved the song choice and I found myself singing along however  I do not feel she did the song justice. She may go home this week
Rating: 4
Matt  
Birthyear 1985
Song: Part Time Lover
Like Danny his performances keep getting better and better and continue to impress me. I think he will definitely make it into the top 5. If he is in  bottom three  I will cry. Same thing with Allison and Danny. 
Rating:8 
Scott
Birthyear 1985
Good song choice  and I liked how he finally got out of his comfort zone from playing the piano. He has good stage prescene. However, all his songs are starting to sound the same. 
Rating 4
Kris
Birthyear: 1985
He had a really high energy performance this week. I truly enjoyed it.
Rating: 7
Anoop
Birthyear: 1986
Song- True Colors  by Cyndi  Lauper
I don't know what to think of Anoop anymore. There are some weeks when I think he is  really good and some weeks when I think he will most likely end up going home.  This week I am sort of border line because while I thought he had an excellent song choice and did really good vocally  like I said for Scott and Adam everything is kind of starting to sound the same
Rating:4.5
Allison
Birthyear:1992
The youngest one in the comppetion surely has high stakes for her older compettiors to follow.  She is very talented for   sixteen years old and  I predict she will make it all the way to the top three.  I will definitely by her records. I plan on buying Danny's and Kris's too. Possibly even Scott's. If she  is in the bottom three again  I will cry. She has been in the bottom three for the past two weeks so things don't really look too good for her.
Rating:8

No comments: