Friday, April 3, 2009

Reviewing the situation

Today I went to a job fair for people with disabilities @ the Marriot Hotel in Boston. I picked up a lot of pamphlets that I need to look over about stuff in Massachuetts that are hiring. Quite frankly Massachuetts seems to have a bigger variety amount of jobs than NH does. If things do not turn around considerably in terms of full or part time employment soon I may have to consider reloacting to Boston for awhile to work down there and live with my grandparents during the week and live at home during the weekends.. kind of similar to what Thomas Rossi is doing. I have been incredibly discouraged lately with the amount of full time or part time work I have been able to find locally so it might be beneficial for me to broaden my horizions a little bit. I have been playing phone tag with the managers from Fridays and Black Forest Cafe to set up interviews and the Public Relations department woman at Gateways for a volunteer job working on thier newsletter to set up a schedule for that quite frusturating. I also had a job interview at Southern NH Medical Center yesterday for a volunteer job. Complete disappointment as they had no opportunties I was interested in. I wonder what kind of opportunities I will find for jobs at the job fair at Southern NH University on Thursday. Hopefully there are more places hiring then I think there are.. perhaps I am just looking in the wrong places for work. We willl see.
So needless to say I have a ton of stuff to do in the coming days
  • Fill out online job apps for Home Depot, The Social Secruity Adminstration

Follow up with the following places about job apps/setting up interviews (these may have to wait til Monday.

  1. Fridays (7th attempt)
  2. Black Forest Cafe (5th attempt)
  3. Unos
  4. Camp Sargent
  5. Hampton Inn
  • Work on my next article for the Milford Cabinet.

A 48 hour hiatus from Facebook seems most appropriate.. maybe a while longer.

Megan got voted off American Idol. Sweet justice to my ears. She could not sing and whoever kept voting for her (clearly she had a bigger fan base than Alexis Grace who got voted off two weeks ago) were totally tone deaf. She was totally and completley a sore loser being all immature and saying " I don't care what you think" and having an over all bad attitude. Thank god she is finally gone. I think that either Anoop or Scott will be next to go. Allison was in the bottom 3 again this week... not a very good sign.. that could potentiallly be an indicator that she could go home next. I think is is a close contender for the top 3.

Well Seinfeld is on in 10 minutes so I gotta go.. i will probably go to bed early tonight. A lot needs to be done tomorrow before Heather and Erin come over... mostly cleaning my room and working on my article so I can get that sent off by Sunday night.

Janine

No comments: