Before I begin I just want to say that my NCAA basketball bracket totally and completely sucked. The team that I predicted to win did not even make it to the finals. That team was Syracuse... they got out in the semifinals. The team that I was hoping would come in second place UCONN did not win either. North Carolina did. Next year when I do my bracket I have to do a better job of picking teams that will actually win the whole championship.
Moving on.....
So American Idol last night.. history was definitely made. Scott Mcintyre got voted off and I almost cried when the result was given. He is truly an amazing performer and a true inspiration to me. He is vision impaired but does not let his disability get in the way of what he loves. Music! He has been my favorite in this year's competition ever since the audition process started in January. Alexis Grace was my second favorite and to be honest she should have stayed longer than she did and Megan Corkery should have gone home the week that Alexis went home so that way I could have been spared from her horrible performance during top 100 week. I should mention that I am vision impaired too.. I have been since I was really young and the reason why Scott is so inspirational to me is because I wish that I had half the musical talent that he does but I don't. I know I don't and I most likely never will. There are people I have done choir with and theatre with in college and even some people I worked with at the Barn Playhouse that I know my talent won't even halfway match up too (umm Colleen Fee, Nic Rouleau, Caroline Massageee, Keri Racicot the list could seriously go on.. actually technically there's only three or four more people I could possibly think of) I am totally and completely humbled to be an American Idol fan after watching Scott's progression from the auditions to this week's performance that sent him home. He's amazing! I will definitley buy his cds if he comes out with any. I will also buy Allison Ireheata's and Danny Gokey's because they are pretty amazing too.
No comments:
Post a Comment