Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New York New York

American Idol Update: Anoop and Lil were elimnated. Thank god! Now the compettiors worth watching are leftTop 5AdamAllisonDannyMattKrisThis week's theme Rat Pack... Frank Sinatra songs YAY!So this weekend Matt and I went to New York for our one year anniversary ... which technically isn't till June 15th but we figured we would celebrate early just in case by some miracle we were both to get jobs by them. We left NH at 6:30 am on Friday caught a connectiong bus at South Station @ 8:30 and arrived in New York by 1:00. After checking into our hotel room we went out to lunch and then did some souvenier shopping and went to the Metropolition Meusuem of Art. Now usually I am not a big fan of art muesums but I wasn't quite so bored by this one. There were a lot of interesting exhibits. We were there from 2:30-4:30 then hopped on the train to Greenwhich Village and walked around the NYU campus. I was kind of a ditz and forgot to take the phone #s of my friends from the Barn Playhouse who go there so I could have met up with them for dinner...oh well next time. We went out to dinner at this nice Italian resturant in Greenwhich Village. I can't remember the name of it. One step up from the disgusting hamburger I had for lunch for some reason nothing beats a cheerburger from Wendy's. After that we went back to our hotel room relaxed and watched the Red Sox on Tv. Saturday morning we got up @ around 8:30 had breakfast @ the hotel then did some souvenier shopping and just walked around the city. We arrived at the theatre to get our tickets for HAIR at about 1:15. The show was phenominial. I do not think I have had so much fun at a Broadway show in a while. I hope it gets nominated for a Tony awards... now I am not sure if Drama Desk Awards are the same thing but HAIR is nominated for 8 of those.. complete list can be found @ the below linkhttp://www.playbill.com/news/article/128654.html After the show we met up with my friend Jay and he gave us a backstage tour.. brief as it was it was amazing! Pictures of it from it are already up on facebook. We then went out for dinner @ this awesome resturant on Broadway called Ellen's Starlight Diner. It was a 50's style diner and the cool thing about they had a singing wait staff. IT was cool I'll definitley go back there again next time I go back to New York. ... which won't be for awhile. Yesterday we were up early for a quick breakfast in the room then we checked out of our hotel and met up with my friend Colleen from the Barn Playhouse for lunch!! So good to see her and catch up!! Then we made the long trek home and were slightly delayed because of traffic in Conneticut. Got home around 8:30 last night.. and now it's back to realoity and job searching.I have a meeting with my job coach at 2 and then an interview @ Rite Aide in Milford at 3:15. At this point I am pretty desperate for a job so I am really hoping I get this one. I just want all this stress to be over. I have been losing sleep because of the stress and anxiety I have been under.

No comments: