History has been made! Barack Obama was innagurated at noon as the 44th President of The United States, the first african american president. His whole campaign was based on the theme of change. What can I and the rest of the people of the United States hope for in the coming four years.
Health Care is a big thing I'm hoping will change. This may not affect my right away but it will certainly affect me in the long run.
The biggest thing that I hope will change will be the war in Iraq and all other wars that are happening overseas. Haven't heard too much about what's going on in Georgia recently so I guess that conflict ended but the conflict that has been all over the news recently is the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in Gaza. I think they called a cease-fire to that in recent days but I am not sure how long that will last for. As far as Iraq and Afghanistan go we've been fighting over there for far far too long. We should've never gone over there in the first place in my opinion and I think that after Saddamm Hussien was captured we should have just left the Iraqis alone to get their own government in order. I may not know anyone who is fighting over there directly but I've seen through the stories on the news how this war is tearing families apart wheather people are coming home alive and injured or wheather they come home dead. The sooner we are out of there and all of our armed forces women and men are home safe the better!
Another thing that I am hoping will change is the economy. That has not been in good shape for several months now and every time I listen to the news and hear about more people losing their jobs I get depresssed. I've been searching for a job since October and the economy has been a factor as to why it's so hard to find a job. I am hoping that more new jobs will be created for people all over our country and that the economy will stabalize itself.
HORRAY FOR BARACK OBAMA!! Things can only look up from here!
No comments:
Post a Comment