Thursday, January 8, 2009

Excitement!

SUPER FANTASTIC NEWS!!


I got a phone call earlier this evening from the HR department at the Tech College. They offered me a part time secetarial positon. I am so excited. I haven't had the interview yet but I am really realy hoping that I get the job. That would be such a good job for me to have. I may have to put off taking my medical coding class until the fall but if I have to do that then I will be fine with that. I have to get through the interview first to see if I even get the job.

So excited!!



I have realized I am in far too many pointless and sometimes repettive groups on facebook. Being in four or five facebook groups about musical theatre is a little bit excessive I think. It's going to be a long process to limit the amount groups I am in to a level that is good enough for me to handle. To be honest, half of the facebook groups that I adminstrate barely get used because people that are in them are too busy to post on the message boards. This especially for the facebook group I made about working at the Barn Playhouse. I decided to keep that up til the new season starts so people can discuss the upcoming seasons shows but sometimes I am not sure that is too worth it because the majority of the reason I made that group was as tribute to the intern company that I worked with and everyone from that group of people.. including me has moved on with their lives since working at the Barn. It seems really pointless to have the facebook group anymore because 1) no one really looks at it and 2) I talk to most of the people from my intern company through facebook aim, wallpost or regular email. I don't know.

Tonight I went to play auditions for the PTA Play Peter Pan. I went for moral support of my mom who was trying out for ensemble. I am going to be helping out with publicity and props and I am wicked excited to be involved in tech theatre again. I'll probably write about that stuff more in my theatre ranting blog http://theatrereviewer826.blogspot.com/ For those who read this who want to come see the show its April 17-19th at Souhegan High School in Amherst. I do not know the times of the show of the top of my head.

To Do

  • Call Tech College to set up job interview- they're calling me back on Monday
  • Call Wendy's to follow up on job app (a third time.. might not even need to do that if I get the job at the Tech College)
  • Go to backstagejobs.com for fuuture references for jobs in theatres in Portsmouth and Southern Maine
  • Make my sister a birthday card
  • Work on the sequel to the short story I wrote for my short story workshop class- coming along slowly but surley... will post it here when i am done with it.
Time for bed. Wish me luck on my interview!
Love
Janine

No comments: