So my boyfriend and I are making plans to go to New York City the second weekend in March. I am so excited. Whenever I compare Amherst and NYC there is almost no comparison at all. Amherst is so boring and NYC is so full of energy.. as is any city in NH or Massachuetts that is not Amherst. I have already been thinking of what shows I want to see. The list used to be super long but a lot of shows I wanted to see closed over the past couple months due to the downturn in the economy those shows included Xanadu, Legally Blonde, Grease, Spring Awakening (Jan 18th), Gypsy (today) and Forbidden Broadway Goes To Rehab (Thursday). Billy Elliot has been on the top of my list for a very long time because I have heard it is phenominal. A lot of new shows will be opening as well such as West Side Story (my absolute favorite) and HAIR (which my friend Jay is in as an understudy). I don't know.. there are so many choices. It's going to be so hard to pick one.
This trip to New York will also hopefully be the chance for me to reunite with some people who I have not seen in a long time. I have a lot of friends who live or go to school in school in and around NYC: NYU, Hofstra, Syracuse ( i don't know if that is very close to the city) and then some places in Connecticut and New Jersey. It will give me the chance to see some friends from high school who I did theatre with that I have not seen since I graduated as well as some people from NEC that I have not seen since I departed from Henniker in May. Colleen Fee is helping me to get together my coworkers from the Barn Playhouse too. It's gonna be insane..so crazy. I am really hoping this party will have a super huge turn out.. that's what facebook invitations do me quite well for.:)
In other more close to home type news this week is very nerve wracking for me. I have a potential job interview @ the Tech College in Nashua, a job placement test with Vocational Rehab in Nashua on Wednesday morning and I am starting my class at the Tech College on Thursday night. I'm so anxious! I really want to get the job at the tech college it would be the perfect setting for me because I will be on a school campus helping other students. I am really crossing my fingers. I am getting together with a bunch of my friends on Wednesday night for a girls night I am really excited about that!
Time for bed
Love
Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment