Saturday, January 31, 2009

Economy!

So I am so frusturated with the economy. I can't watch the international news anymore because it's just more doom and gloom about layoffs and unemployment numbers rising. I can't stand it!
Mind you I have been out out of work and searching for a job since October... yes October the 15th of October to be exact. There have been very few bright spots in my search. Those bright spots have included a brief publicity internship with Peacock Players, a youth theatre troupe in Nashua I might actually see if they are hiring camp counselors for the summer if I don't find anything else by then, a freelance writing job for the Milford Cabinet which is going fabulous (2 articles published so far) and a substitute paraprfessional educator for the Nashua School district which I just started about two weeks ago. That is going fantastic so far though it only pays a certain amount of money per hour. The thing that is the killer is finding a second job. Not very places are hiring right now and I am getting frusturated because I am running out of options for places to apply to. Stress city! I need to start paying back my loans from NEC soon. I am planning on going back to school in the fall to take classses at the Tech College in Nashua hopefully taking those classes will help me to gain additional skills that I will need so I can move up in my carreer or hopefully turn over a new leaf because I'm not really sure how much journalism will end up paying in the long run.

Time for bed. I've been sick for the whole week and I need to kick this cold so I won't be hacking all over guests at my superbowl partry tomorrow. That won't be very attractive.
Love
Janine

No comments: