Such a distance between entries is good.. that means I'm keeping busy and thus will have more to update on.
I started substitute teaching on Monday. My first two days of subbing ( Monday and today) went fantastic and I am really hoping that I get called in again soon. Sometimes I regret not majoring in education when I was at New England College because I am beginning to realize now how much I really like working with kids. At the time when I was selecting a major I was having a hard time choosing between Education and minoring in theatre or communications with no minor. I chose the latter thoguh I decided at the beginning of second semester of junior year that I wanted to minor and English but didn't have enough time to complete all the credits before graduating because I made that decision so late in the game. My passions were writing and theatre and they still are because I love doing tech work and writing about theatre plays. But I like working with kids too and think that working in a school would be a good fit for me. My life course is changing rapidly and honestly I feel really confused.
My classes at the tech college will be put on hold for right now. I thought long and hard about medical coding and did research on it and decided it wasn't for me so I withdrew from the class. I am still considering taking speech pathology classes though possibly some early childhood ed courses too. That's going to wait til the summer or the fall once I get a grip on the educational path I want to take or even if I want to go back to school at all. I might just want to get a decent paying job and focus on that so I can save up money to get an apartment in Portsmouth.
Last night I had a girls night at Heather's apartment with Heather, Autumn and Erin. It was so great to see them again since we all hadn't hung out together in such a long time. We were originallly planning to go out to dinner but due to limited funds we had dinner @ Heather's which was just as good as going to a resturant. We had lasagna which was incredibly delicious. :) We definitley need to have another girls night again soon. I look foward to planning it.
PTA Play auditions were last week. I went for moral support for my mother who was trying out for ensemble. I would have auditioned too but I am way too busy. Maybe next year I will audition depending on how busy I am and what show they are doing. I am however doing publicity and props work for the show and I am really excited about doing backstage work again. I haven't done backstage work since July when I teched Wonder of The World at the Boys and Girls Club in Milford. YAY!! :)
2009 Events
February-
5- NH Theatre Awards (hopefully I can find a ride to the ceremony)
Valentines Day Weekend- Going to see Little Shop of Horrors with my boyfriend for Valentines Day
28- Valentines Party @ NEC
March
13-15th (tenative) Going to New York with my boyfriend. Hopefully the plans work out for this. I am so excited about seeing Billy Elliot
27-29th SHS Musical; CTE Play
April
Mainstage Show @ NEC ( do not know exact dates yet)
16-19th PTA PLAY PETER PAN!! People better cone see it!
24-May 1st SPRING AWAKENING TOUR COMES TO BOSTON (who wants to go)
SHS Evening of Dance
May
Movement Concert
16th- NEC GRADUATION ( my loves Cooper Sheila Gina and Erin are graduating
Later
Janine
No comments:
Post a Comment